This just in: We now have online profiles on The Knot, Wedding Channel, and Wedding Wire. That means when you are using these top online wedding planning tools, you can find our profile! And after your wedding, you’ll be able to post reviews of your cakes so other brides can find us too. We are excited to be a part of these amazing wedding resources!
View our The Knot/WeddingChannel.com profile here.
View our Wedding Wire profile here.
Baby shower cakes are always fun to make, and they can vary widely in style, color, and theme. Here’s one we did a few weeks ago where they wanted it classy and elegant, but still clearly for a baby shower. We adorned the cake with edible, hand-made whimsical flowers and topped the whole thing with hand-made, edible baby sneakers. Who doesn’t love baby shoes?!
Here’s a beautiful wedding cake we had the honor of creating a few weeks ago. We sat down with the bride and groom months ago to design the cake, and Vanessa, the bride, had great vision!
These days, wedding cakes don’t have to be iced with white buttercream and adorned with white ruffles, flowers, etc. You can go bonkers with the decorations! Here’s a great example of a wedding cake that’s totally out-of-the-box.
But just because you don’t HAVE to have the traditional white wedding cake doesn’t mean you can’t if you want to. A couple of weeks ago, we created a cake for Kristina and Rich for their wedding at the Bilmar Beach Resort on Treasure Island, FL.
Kristina wanted to keep the cake clean and simple. And she wanted to incorporate pink and some sparkle!
This cake is a real beauty! The bride and her Mom found us at the Great Bridal Expo in October 2012, and they already knew exactly what they wanted the wedding cake to look like. They found a cake by and wanted it replicated almost exactly.
As always, we sat down for a cake consultation & tasting, and everyone left happy with fully bellies! Here is Jennifer’s completed wedding cake:
At Ph.D.-serts, we take our cakes seriously – especially wedding cakes! When you contact us about our wedding cakes, here’s the process we go through:
1. We sit down with the bride and groom to design your wedding cake from the inside out. This means, we bring cake & filling samples – yay! And we pick your brain to find out what kind of style, mood, theme describes you and your wedding. By the time we finish our initial meeting, you will leave with a fully designed wedding cake.
2. We sketch out the cake and send the sketch and wedding cake order form to you for review. You can review it on your own time and discuss the details, without the pressure of us sitting there next to you.
3. You return a signed copy of the order form with a $100 deposit to hold the date of your big day.
4. Two weeks before your wedding, we’ll contact you again to make sure you still like the cake we’ve designed. We also get a final head-count to ensure that you’ll have enough cake to feed everyone at the reception. At this time, the remaining balance of your cake is due.
5. The week of the wedding, we get to work creating your dream cake! We work with your reception venue to set up a delivery time and deliver the cake before any of your guests arrive. We will leave the cake table “picture ready” so that is the last thing you have to worry about!
Here’s another adorable birthday party idea – a pajama party! But if your girls are young like Reese (turning 5) and Hadley (turning 2), have an afternoon pajama party! Get the kids hyped up on cake and goodies and then send them HOME to bed. Genius!
Reese’s and Hadley’s mom knew she wanted a pink cake with ombre ruffles, a princess crown topper, and bunny slippers. So this is what we created for them:
We love when parents approach us with adorable birthday party themes. We’ve got a couple of super cute ones to share with you this week, but we’ll start with this one for a little girl who was born on Valentine’s Day!
Savannah celebrated her 5th birthday with a pink pirate party and asked all party-goers to wear their best pirate gear. How fun! Her mom gave us free reign to design the birthday cake so we used the party invitation (made by Party So Perfect) as inspiration:
Here’s an elegant, classy cake that would be perfect for almost any wedding:
Katie and Ryan are classic Disney fans. They wanted their wedding to reflect that without screaming “MICKEY MOUSE!”
Instead of numbering their reception tables, they labeled them with some of the classic Disney kisses off of this poster:
And they wanted to incorporate the images on the cake as well. So here is the cake we designed together: