At Ph.D.-serts, we take our cakes seriously – especially wedding cakes! When you contact us about our wedding cakes, here’s the process we go through:
1. We sit down with the bride and groom to design your wedding cake from the inside out. This means, we bring cake & filling samples – yay! And we pick your brain to find out what kind of style, mood, theme describes you and your wedding. By the time we finish our initial meeting, you will leave with a fully designed wedding cake.
2. We sketch out the cake and send the sketch and wedding cake order form to you for review. You can review it on your own time and discuss the details, without the pressure of us sitting there next to you.
3. You return a signed copy of the order form with a $100 deposit to hold the date of your big day.
4. Two weeks before your wedding, we’ll contact you again to make sure you still like the cake we’ve designed. We also get a final head-count to ensure that you’ll have enough cake to feed everyone at the reception. At this time, the remaining balance of your cake is due.
5. The week of the wedding, we get to work creating your dream cake! We work with your reception venue to set up a delivery time and deliver the cake before any of your guests arrive. We will leave the cake table “picture ready” so that is the last thing you have to worry about!
A few weeks ago, we designed a cake with Andrea and Anthony for their wedding on February 22, 2013 at the Sirata Beach Resort in St. Petersburg, FL. They brought pictures of many different cakes in which they liked one or two details. We compiled them into a cake design that they loved and suited their personalities.
Their main wedding color was “oasis blue” (dark turquoise), but they were also bringing in many other colors through the reception decor. For example, they had orange bird of paradise and brown willow branch centerpieces. They just wanted it colorful, fun, and festive.
After drawing up a sketch of their wedding cake, Andrea & Anthony wanted to play around with the colors a bit so we sent them a black & white version of the sketch. They sat down with their colored pencils and found the color combo they liked! Here’s a photo of their sketch with the finished cake – ready for delivery!
And a shot of the topsy turvy beauty at the reception: