At Ph.D.-serts, we take our cakes seriously – especially wedding cakes! When you contact us about our wedding cakes, here’s the process we go through:
1. We sit down with the bride and groom to design your wedding cake from the inside out. This means, we bring cake & filling samples – yay! And we pick your brain to find out what kind of style, mood, theme describes you and your wedding. By the time we finish our initial meeting, you will leave with a fully designed wedding cake.
2. We sketch out the cake and send the sketch and wedding cake order form to you for review. You can review it on your own time and discuss the details, without the pressure of us sitting there next to you.
3. You return a signed copy of the order form with a $100 deposit to hold the date of your big day.
4. Two weeks before your wedding, we’ll contact you again to make sure you still like the cake we’ve designed. We also get a final head-count to ensure that you’ll have enough cake to feed everyone at the reception. At this time, the remaining balance of your cake is due.
5. The week of the wedding, we get to work creating your dream cake! We work with your reception venue to set up a delivery time and deliver the cake before any of your guests arrive. We will leave the cake table “picture ready” so that is the last thing you have to worry about!
We love when parents approach us with adorable birthday party themes. We’ve got a couple of super cute ones to share with you this week, but we’ll start with this one for a little girl who was born on Valentine’s Day!
Savannah celebrated her 5th birthday with a pink pirate party and asked all party-goers to wear their best pirate gear. How fun! Her mom gave us free reign to design the birthday cake so we used the party invitation (made by Party So Perfect) as inspiration:
We are thrilled to share this cake with you! Vinny Lecavalier, captain of the Tampa Bay Lightning NHL team, just played in his 1000th game. That is quite an achievement! So to celebrate, the team held an after-game reception in his honor last Friday night.
When Vinny’s wife asked us to make the cake for the celebration, we were elated…and honored…and a little nervous…all at the same time. For such a special celebration, this cake had to be perfect!
After designing the cake with Caroline, we got right to work. The flavors were red velvet cake with cream cheese filling, chocolate cake with Bavarian cream filling, and white almond cake with raspberry cream filling. Yum!
Camryn decided to celebrate her 5th birthday with a Garden Tea Party so we created a girly, elegant cake for her. The cake was iced in light blue buttercream with buttercream grass, leaves & stems. The flowers themselves were made of fondant, and we topped the whole thing with a miniature edible tea set.
Ok, it’s official (…well, not really). The most popular theme for a 1st birthday party in 2012 is Mickey or Minnie Mouse! And while it’s easy to recreate a design over and over, we also love when people bring us a new design to try!
Having a baby is great. Aside from all the snuggles, kisses, giggles, and high-fives I get to enjoy each day, there are other great bonuses too. Like getting to go to 1st birthday parties! Between now and September, I figure Mikaela will go to about 10 first birthday parties!
Perhaps she’s popular! Or perhaps her Mommy just makes the cakes…but who cares?! First birthday parties are great! And they’re all so different – so if you’re planning one, keep an eye on this blog for some great ideas.
I love the theme of Declan’s party – Milk Mustache! How cute!?
We made cupcakes with little black mustaches and Declan’s smash cake was a cow!