This just in: We now have online profiles on The Knot, Wedding Channel, and Wedding Wire. That means when you are using these top online wedding planning tools, you can find our profile! And after your wedding, you’ll be able to post reviews of your cakes so other brides can find us too. We are excited to be a part of these amazing wedding resources!
These days, wedding cakes don’t have to be iced with white buttercream and adorned with white ruffles, flowers, etc. You can go bonkers with the decorations! Here’s a great example of a wedding cake that’s totally out-of-the-box.
But just because you don’t HAVE to have the traditional white wedding cake doesn’t mean you can’t if you want to. A couple of weeks ago, we created a cake for Kristina and Rich for their wedding at the Bilmar Beach Resort on Treasure Island, FL.
Kristina wanted to keep the cake clean and simple. And she wanted to incorporate pink and some sparkle!
This cake is a real beauty! The bride and her Mom found us at the Great Bridal Expo in October 2012, and they already knew exactly what they wanted the wedding cake to look like. They found a cake by and wanted it replicated almost exactly.
As always, we sat down for a cake consultation & tasting, and everyone left happy with fully bellies! Here is Jennifer’s completed wedding cake:
At Ph.D.-serts, we take our cakes seriously – especially wedding cakes! When you contact us about our wedding cakes, here’s the process we go through:
1. We sit down with the bride and groom to design your wedding cake from the inside out. This means, we bring cake & filling samples – yay! And we pick your brain to find out what kind of style, mood, theme describes you and your wedding. By the time we finish our initial meeting, you will leave with a fully designed wedding cake.
2. We sketch out the cake and send the sketch and wedding cake order form to you for review. You can review it on your own time and discuss the details, without the pressure of us sitting there next to you.
3. You return a signed copy of the order form with a $100 deposit to hold the date of your big day.
4. Two weeks before your wedding, we’ll contact you again to make sure you still like the cake we’ve designed. We also get a final head-count to ensure that you’ll have enough cake to feed everyone at the reception. At this time, the remaining balance of your cake is due.
5. The week of the wedding, we get to work creating your dream cake! We work with your reception venue to set up a delivery time and deliver the cake before any of your guests arrive. We will leave the cake table “picture ready” so that is the last thing you have to worry about!
It’s Monday! Let’s freshen the new work week with a gorgeous, elegant cake. Later this month, we’ll be making Andrea’s & Anthony’s wedding cake (It is TOTALLY different from this one. We can’t wait to show you!), but Andrea’s mom & sister wanted to surprise her with a bridal shower cake as well.
So we met in secret (Have we mentioned how much Mel loves sweet secrets?? Gender reveal cakes, surprise cakes, etc!) and designed this beauty:
The second “dummy” cake we took to the Taste of the Town events was a butterfly swarm cake. Now, you may be thinking, “This cake looks familiar…” Well, yes! We’ve done this cake 3 different times now! The first was for a real wedding at the Museum of Natural History in Gainesville, FL. The wedding cake was placed right in front of the Lepidoptera (butterfly) exhibit.Continue reading →