At Ph.D.-serts, we take our cakes seriously – especially wedding cakes! When you contact us about our wedding cakes, here’s the process we go through:
1. We sit down with the bride and groom to design your wedding cake from the inside out. This means, we bring cake & filling samples – yay! And we pick your brain to find out what kind of style, mood, theme describes you and your wedding. By the time we finish our initial meeting, you will leave with a fully designed wedding cake.
2. We sketch out the cake and send the sketch and wedding cake order form to you for review. You can review it on your own time and discuss the details, without the pressure of us sitting there next to you.
3. You return a signed copy of the order form with a $100 deposit to hold the date of your big day.
4. Two weeks before your wedding, we’ll contact you again to make sure you still like the cake we’ve designed. We also get a final head-count to ensure that you’ll have enough cake to feed everyone at the reception. At this time, the remaining balance of your cake is due.
5. The week of the wedding, we get to work creating your dream cake! We work with your reception venue to set up a delivery time and deliver the cake before any of your guests arrive. We will leave the cake table “picture ready” so that is the last thing you have to worry about!
Camryn decided to celebrate her 5th birthday with a Garden Tea Party so we created a girly, elegant cake for her. The cake was iced in light blue buttercream with buttercream grass, leaves & stems. The flowers themselves were made of fondant, and we topped the whole thing with a miniature edible tea set.
Ok, it’s official (…well, not really). The most popular theme for a 1st birthday party in 2012 is Mickey or Minnie Mouse! And while it’s easy to recreate a design over and over, we also love when people bring us a new design to try!
Last weekend, we had the honor of making a luau-themed cake for an office family picnic. The office hosting the get-together happened to be Mel’s husband’s office…but that’s just a minor detail. *wink*
We’ve been seeing a LOOOOOOT of Mickey Mouse birthday cakes lately. And, while we love Mickey, we were thrilled when Natasa asked for a Minnie Mouse cake! Alright! We’re talking sweet, girly, polka dots, bows, and PINK!
We’ve been doing a lot of cookies lately, but we’ve been very bad about posting them on the blog. So, today, let’s do a little cookie catch-up!
By the way, did you know that a percentage of the proceeds from all cookie orders in 2012 will be donated to the Susan G Komen 3-Day for the Cure??? Yes-siree! Of course, you can always make a donation without placing an order but you might as well get some cookies out of the deal too, right?!
What would cookies for a man turning 39 years old who loves the University of Florida Gators, the beach, and surfing look like? Like these, of course!
“No more pencils
No more books
No more teacher’s dirty looks…School’s out for summer!”
-Schools Out by Alice Cooper
Yes, school’s out! The kids are on the loose in the neighborhood. But before they left the classroom, the teachers probably tried to teach them one last thing before their brains turned to much over the vacation.
During the last week of school at Burney Elementary School in Plant City, the children celebrated the opening of a brand new butterfly garden on school grounds! And to make the celebration just a little bit sweeter, we made butterfly cookies for the students.
We can’t wait to hear what kinds of butterflies the students see when they return to school in the Fall!