At Ph.D.-serts, we take our cakes seriously – especially wedding cakes! When you contact us about our wedding cakes, here’s the process we go through:
1. We sit down with the bride and groom to design your wedding cake from the inside out. This means, we bring cake & filling samples – yay! And we pick your brain to find out what kind of style, mood, theme describes you and your wedding. By the time we finish our initial meeting, you will leave with a fully designed wedding cake.
2. We sketch out the cake and send the sketch and wedding cake order form to you for review. You can review it on your own time and discuss the details, without the pressure of us sitting there next to you.
3. You return a signed copy of the order form with a $100 deposit to hold the date of your big day.
4. Two weeks before your wedding, we’ll contact you again to make sure you still like the cake we’ve designed. We also get a final head-count to ensure that you’ll have enough cake to feed everyone at the reception. At this time, the remaining balance of your cake is due.
5. The week of the wedding, we get to work creating your dream cake! We work with your reception venue to set up a delivery time and deliver the cake before any of your guests arrive. We will leave the cake table “picture ready” so that is the last thing you have to worry about!
Happy Valentines Day! While many people (myself included) think that this holiday is over-commercialized, it is still a day set aside to remind us to love each other. So if you do nothing else today, make an effort to love others and tell your friends and family how special they are to you.
Ok…*stepping off my soapbox*…last weekend, I was able to help sprinkle a friend with love. She is having her 2nd baby and, while she doesn’t need a full baby SHOWER, we gathered to “sprinkle her & the new baby with love.” The cake was a giant cupcake carved out of 4 layers of 6-inch round cakes. It was covered with fondant and decorated with fondant rainbow sprinkles and fondant hearts. And the flavors – white almond with Bavarian Cream filling.
It’s Monday! Let’s freshen the new work week with a gorgeous, elegant cake. Later this month, we’ll be making Andrea’s & Anthony’s wedding cake (It is TOTALLY different from this one. We can’t wait to show you!), but Andrea’s mom & sister wanted to surprise her with a bridal shower cake as well.
So we met in secret (Have we mentioned how much Mel loves sweet secrets?? Gender reveal cakes, surprise cakes, etc!) and designed this beauty:
We are thrilled to share this cake with you! Vinny Lecavalier, captain of the Tampa Bay Lightning NHL team, just played in his 1000th game. That is quite an achievement! So to celebrate, the team held an after-game reception in his honor last Friday night.
When Vinny’s wife asked us to make the cake for the celebration, we were elated…and honored…and a little nervous…all at the same time. For such a special celebration, this cake had to be perfect!
After designing the cake with Caroline, we got right to work. The flavors were red velvet cake with cream cheese filling, chocolate cake with Bavarian cream filling, and white almond cake with raspberry cream filling. Yum!
Did you see the latest Gender Reveal Cake we posted on Facebook? One of Mel’s good friends just announced her pregnancy and wanted to reveal the gender of the baby among a small group of friends. While she wants to remain anonymous until she can contact all her friends and family, we just can’t leave you hanging. Here’s the big reveal moment!!!
Super hero-themed birthday parties are so IN! We’ve been dying to try our hands on a super hero cake, and the opportunity finally arrived when Kenneth’s Mom (aka Katy at Birdie Baby Boutique) asked us to make his cake. Yes!
Mel also had a giveaway on her Facebook page, and the winner of the $15 gift certificate was….*drum roll please*…Sheryl Aman! Sheryl, check your Facebook Messages because we sent you the instructions for claiming your gift certificate.
Mel’s having another baby! She already knows the gender of Baby #2, but do you??? Guess the gender and post your suggestion for a name on our Facebook Page for a chance to win a $15 gift certificate from Ph.D.-serts & Cakes! Everyone who comments will be entered to win.
We’ll reveal both the gender AND the winner on Sunday, December 9, 2012. Good luck!
And, by the way, did you see us on the Fox 13 news? They did a whole segment on gender reveal cakes and we were thrilled to contribute! Check out the segment here, and then call us to schedule your own gender reveal cake.