***Please note: Melanie will be on maternity leave and not taking any new orders through April 30, 2015.***
Melanie will be a competition judge and hands-on class instructor at the 1st ever North Florida Cake Show June 27-28, 2015! Don’t miss the excitement!
We are excited to offer an extensive list of classes suitable for all ages and cake decorating experience! All of our classes are taught by Melanie Judge, who has been teaching cake decorating classes since 2008, and for your convenience, she will come to you!* Get a group of friends together and contact us today to schedule your class(es)! Don’t have enough people to meet the minimum requirement? Contact us to be added to our “interested students” list.
*Extra fees may apply if your location is more than 20 miles from us.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Decorator’s Apprentice Party:
- This party is designed specifically for children, especially those who are fascinated by all the cake shows on TV!
- Each party attendee is provided a 1-layer 6-inch round cake that is iced and ready to decorate. We provide the colored icing in piping bags, sprinkles, fondant, and all the necessary tools.
- We’ll give the party attendees a brief lesson on how to use the tools and give some ideas for decorating their cakes. Otherwise, this party is all about cake decorating FUN!
- These parties last 2-3 hours and are $30 per “apprentice” with a minimum of 6 and a maximum of 15 apprentices.
Pastry Chef for the Day:
- This class is ideal for adults and/or mature children and teenagers. Perfect for Girl’s Night Out or slumber parties!
- This class is also great as a prequel to Tier 1 cake decorating class (see below) as a way to “get your feet wet” and see if cake decorating is really your thing before you fully commit to a longer class.
- Each “pastry chef” is provided a 2-layer 8-inch round cake that is iced and ready to decorate. We provide the colored icing in piping bags, sprinkles, fondant, and all the necessary tools.
- We begin the class with a brief lesson on cake design and an introduction to the tools and supplies to be used in the class. All “pastry chefs” will learn some basic borders, side decorations, and other cake decorating techniques.
- This class is 2-3 hours and costs $40 per “pastry chef” with a minimum of 6 and a maximum of 15 “pastry chefs.”
The Cake Decorating Series:
- Tier 1:
- Learn all you need for basic cake decorating. This class is great for Moms who want to decorate their kids’ birthday cakes!
- Topics include, but are not limited to: Torting, filling, and icing a cake; coloring icing; buttercream borders, side designs, and flowers; and writing on cakes.
- This class is taught as 2 2-hour sessions or 1 4-hour session and is $50 per person with a minimum of 6 and maximum of 15 people.
- Tier 2:
- In this class, we will build on what you learned in Tier 1. Continue to perfect your torting, filling, and icing of a cake. Then, we’ll decorate it with new buttercream techniques and introduce working with fondant.
- Topics include, but are not limited to: polka dots, stripes, fondant flowers, fondant cut-outs, and the edible rose.
- This class is taught as 2 2-hour sessions and is $50 per person with a minimum of 6 and maximum of 15 people.
- Tier 3:
- Again, build on what you’ve learned in Tiers 1 & 2. But now, we’ll cover the cake in fondant and decorate with even more fondant techniques!
- Topics include, but are not limited to: Covering a cake in fondant, fondant & buttercream borders & side designs, building a fondant figurine.
- This class is taught in 2 3-hour sessions and is $50 per person with a minimum of 6 and a maximum of 15 people.
- Learn how to properly assemble a 2-tier cake in two different ways – stacked or with pillars – and even more fondant and buttercream techniques for decorating it.
- This class is taught as one 3-hour session and is $70 per person with a minimum of 6 and a maximum of 15 people.
- Learn tips & tricks to decorate cookies like a pro!
- This class can be customized and adjusted to suit children, party themes, and/or holidays. Tell us your wishes, and we’ll try to make it happen!
- The class is taught as 2 sessions: a 3-hour session followed by a 1 hour session. It costs $40 per person with a minimum of 6 and a maximum of 15 people.
- Learn everything you ever wanted to know about 4 types of stringwork: basic, with a bridge, bridgeless, and Oriental. Students must be comfortable working with royal icing and a piping bag.
- Students bring their own cake or cake dummy covered with fondant and a turntable to use during class. All other supplies will be provided.
- This class is taught as 4 2-hour sessions and is $75 per student with a minimum of 4 and a maximum of 10 students.
- Gum Paste Flowers:
- Learn how to make hand-molded, edible, realistic flowers! Flowers taught include, but are not limited to the rose, calla lily, orchid, tiger lily, daisy, filler flowers, and berries.
- A supply list will be provided when students register for the class.
- This class is taught as 4 2-hour sessions and costs $90 per student with a minimum of 4 and a maximum of 10 students.
Cookie Decorating Kits
Don’t live in the Tampa area? You can still have a decorating party using our custom-made Cookie Decorating Kits! Let us do all the work of baking the cookies, mixing & coloring the icing, and assembling all the necessary tools. Cookie Decorating Kits are made to-order so we can prepare cookies, icing, and sprinkles to match your event. Get more information on our Other Sweets page or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (813) 344-6974.